September 1st, 2017
Girls Field Rep Program
The 2017 OWFL season has come to a close for the Toronto Beaches Girls Field Rep Program. Our club fielded teams from the U11 division up to Senior.
We will be looking to build on this season for 2018. The club has some new plans which will start with a fall tryout for each age category. Fall tryouts begin the week of October 15, 2017.
Teams compete in the Ontario Women’s Field Lacrosse League (“OWFL”) against other clubs from May to the August long weekend in various locations in the GTA and surrounding communities in Ontario. All teams qualify and compete in the “Provincials” held at the end of the season for each division.
For OWFL play the competitive categories are arranged in two-year age cohorts, wherein players are eligible to try out and play for their club team in their age category. In clubs where numbers permit, more than one team may be formed in an age category and entered into an appropriate tier of OWFL competition.
For 2018 OWFL divisions and age categories are:
U11 – players born 2008-2010
U13 – players born in 2006 and 2007
U15 – players born 2004 and 2005
U19 – players born in 2000-2003 *
Senior – players born in 1999 or earlier
* Note at this time the U19 division is a four-year age cohort (OWFL clubs have been exploring the feasibility of a U17 division dependent on future growth and other factors)
It is the philosophy of our Club that as many girls as possible are afforded the opportunity to participate, develop and compete in the Rep program. This requires from the player an appropriate level of time commitment, ability, competitiveness and willingness to practice and improve. Registration numbers also factor into the provision of these opportunities.
In addition to the Rep Program, or separately – the Spring Club League, Fall Ball (skills and tournaments) and Winter Skills provide for a full range of skill development and playing experience for players in the Club.
In the event that registration and interest is higher than projected in any age division and an additional team could potentially be formed, every effort will be made to do so.
Team formation and selection is a process generally following these steps:
– Players register with the club through the online system, which also provides a check box to indicate interest in participating in the rep program
– Players attend specific assessment/tryout/workout sessions as scheduled for the age division, which will be communicated by the respective coaches
– Players and parents talk to the coaches about the team, program, schedule, team fees etc.
– Roster selections will be determined by the respective coaches with the aim to have rosters in place well in advance of the first weekend of OWFL competition.
2018 Coaches & Contacts:
|U11||Paul Swanson (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|U13||Dave Copeland (email@example.com)|
|U15||Glenn McKelvey (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|U15||Greg Peck (email@example.com)|
|U15||Garett Kikot (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|U19-1||Matt Pagano (email@example.com)|
|U19-2||Lindsay Whiston-Babcock (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|U19-2||Calaina Brooke (email@example.com)|
|U19-2||Jim Hughes (JHughes@allgroup.ca)|
|Senior||Lorraine Hillhouse (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Manager|